COVID-19: Our Response
In March 2020, Alamance Cares temporarily suspended all services and closed its doors as a precaution during the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
As of June 8th, 2020, we are re-opening and resuming services in a limited capacity. The safety of our clients, staff, and community is the most important thing to us. With that in mind, you can find the changes to our services below.
Changes to Services
As of June 8th, we are resuming testing BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. You can call (336) 538-8111 to schedule a testing appointment. Walk-in testing hours are cancelled for now.
Alamance Cares will follow new infection prevention guidelines during testing appointments. These include:
- Screening all clients for COVID symptoms prior to arrival (via phone questionnaire).
- Measuring oral temperature upon arrival for an appointment
- Requiring clients and staff wear face masks and sanitize hands upon entering (if you do not have a face mask, we will provide you with one).
- Not allowing guests to accompany you during the testing appointment or in the waiting area.
- Increasing time between appointments to limit contact between clients.
- Thoroughly sanitizing the office between appointments.
When you schedule your testing appointment, Alamance Cares staff will walk you through all changes and answer any questions you may have. If you want to learn more about our testing services in general, such as what tests we offer, click here.
Outreach Testing and Education
Currently, Alamance Cares is still suspending our outreach testing and educational presentation services for the time being. This means we cannot come out to test or present at locations outside of our office.
In response to COVID-19, Alamance Cares has started offering “Condom Care Packages” by mail to anyone who requests one! All we need is an address to mail you a package of assorted goodies. Call, email, or message us on social media (facebook | instagram) to request a package for free. We are able to send condoms, dental dams, and lubricant.
Starting June 8th, you can also pick up condoms during an appointment.