COVID-19: Our Response
Changes to Services
As of June 8th, we are resuming testing BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. You can call (336) 538-8111 to schedule a testing appointment. Walk-in testing hours are cancelled for now.
Alamance Cares will follow new infection prevention guidelines during testing appointments. These include:
- Screening all clients for COVID symptoms prior to arrival (via phone questionnaire).
- Measuring oral temperature upon arrival for an appointment
- Requiring clients and staff wear face masks and sanitize hands upon entering (if you do not have a face mask, we will provide you with one).
- Not allowing guests to accompany you during the testing appointment or in the waiting area.
- Increasing time between appointments to limit contact between clients.
- Thoroughly sanitizing the office between appointments.
When you schedule your testing appointment, Alamance Cares staff will walk you through all changes and answer any questions you may have. If you want to learn more about our testing services in general, such as what tests we offer, click here.
Outreach Testing and Education
Starting August 1st, 2020, Alamance Cares will be resuming outreach testing in a limited capacity. Masks will be required for all community members being tested at any outreach sites, and thorough sanitation between clients will be performed by staff. Some of our usual set-ups may be modified, such as testing outdoors in our tent instead of in buildings, etc. To see where we will be testing, check our testing calendar. Be sure to check for details in the description of each event which may specify additional precautions for COVID.
In response to COVID-19, Alamance Cares has started offering “Condom Care Packages” by mail to anyone who requests one! All we need is an address to mail you a package of assorted goodies. Call, email, or message us on social media (facebook | instagram) to request a package for free. We are able to send condoms, dental dams, and lubricant.
Starting June 8th, you can also pick up condoms during an appointment.